This 3D Christmas card made of ornament paper will delight young and old alike! Create this Christmas ball card for yourself or let your kids do it, they are a fun and easy project for all ages.
You can do it in one color or, as we have done, use multiple colors to really highlight the paper ball!
A handmade Christmas card is always appreciated and this card will bring a smile to all eyes.
It’s a really simple project that always ends with a beautiful Christmas card, no matter who makes it or in which colors you make it.
How to make a 3d paper christmas ornament card
What do you need
- Base of the card (can not be made available)
- Black paper (plain paper or cardboard)
- Paper in different colors (normal paper is preferable)
- Round holes (preferably circles can also be cut)
Step by step instructions
- Punch or cut many paper circles into paper of the same or different colors.
- The size of the circles is not relevant – compare them to your map and find out which size is best for you.
- We cut 4 different colors for our project. There are no defined number of circles for this project. The more you use, the more your Christmas ornament card looks.
- Set a circle aside.
- Fold the other circles in half.
- Take the base of the map and stick to the circle you set aside earlier.
- Cut out a small black rectangle and glue it over the circle.
- Cut a long strip of very thin black paper and glue it over the square.
- Alternatively, you can draw these details with a black, gold, or silver pen.
- Take the first bent circle, glue on one half and stick it over the paper circle glued on the card (see picture below).
- Continue with other folded paper circles.
- Add as many as you like to give you a good idea of the final card’s appearance.
- When you’re satisfied with the size of your ball, apply glue to the other side of the last piece of paper glued to it …
- … and stick to the base of the map.
- All is done! You have created a beautiful Christmas card 3D paper ornaments.
- So easy to do, and if you have the punch, even a super fast project.
- It’s also great in the classroom because kids love punching paper with paper pads.